Hotline Program Manager
Centre Helps is seeking a self-motivated leader to serve as Hotline Program Manager.
Centre Helps has offered a 24-hour hotline to the Centre County community for more than forty years. The hotline is staffed by volunteers. Hotline services include crisis intervention, suicide prevention, emotional support, and information and referral for human services. We serve as the local call center for the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline.
The Program Manager is responsible for volunteer recruitment, training, scheduling, and supervision. The Hotline Program Manager serves as the main support and resource to hotline volunteers and ensures 24-hour coverage of the hotline. The individual in this position must develop a strong familiarity with human services in Centre County in order to continuously update our extensive resources database.
Minimum Requirements: Bachelor’s Degree in Liberal Arts or Social Services related field and three years of full-time work experience in counseling, crisis intervention, mental health, or nonprofit management OR Master’s Degree in social work or related field.
Qualities desirable to succeed in this position include:
• Dedication to our mission of empowerment and crisis intervention
• Enthusiastic leadership skills
• Ability to work with minimal supervision
• Exceptional time management skills
• Ability to make decisions under pressure
• Ability to work within a consensus based model
• Group facilitation skills
• Familiarity with needs of Centre County residents and resources available.
• Experience with crisis counseling, active listening, and motivational interviewing.
Full time, exempt position with flexible work schedule. Must be available to attend some evening meetings.
Applications due March 1st. Please email resume and cover letter to email@example.com.