Centre Helps is looking to fill board vacancies for 2-year terms to begin as early as July 2018. We are specifically looking for individuals with a strong background in fundraising, communications, or nonprofit leadership. See below for additional details. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Centre Helps is a volunteer-based, non-profit organization that provides services, resources, education, training and information to people who are in need of support and to people who are seeking volunteer opportunities in our community. With a drop-in center and 24-hour hotline as our foundation, we work to coordinate and deliver human services throughout Centre County.
The board supports the work of the Executive Director and provides mission-based leadership and strategic governance.
Leadership, governance, and oversight
- Serves as advisor to Executive Director
- Reviews metrics to evaluate Centre Helps impact.
- Approves Centre Helps’ annual budget and audit report, ensures Centre Helps is meeting all fiduciary and legal responsibilities
- Provides performance feedback to the Executive Director
- Assists in recruiting other board members.
- Serves on committees, task forces, and takes on special projects as needed.
- Represents Centre Helps to stakeholders and serves as an ambassador.
- Ensures commitment to a diverse board and staff that reflects the community that Centre Helps serves.
Board members consider Centre Helps a philanthropic priority and make annual gifts at a level that is commensurate with their capacity. 100% participation in board contribution lends credibility to Centre Helps’ efforts to solicit contributions from foundations, organizations, and individuals.
Board terms and participation
Centre Helps board members serve 2-year terms with no limit on re-appointments. The board meets monthly for approximately one hour and communicates regularly via email. Board members are expected to review all materials provide by the Executive Director prior to each meeting and engage in board discussions. Board members make a genuine effort to attend all fundraising events and Centre Helps presentations.
- Dedication to the mission of Centre Helps and a passion for improving the lives of the individuals that we serve
- Significant professional leadership experience in business, nonprofit, philanthropy, finance, mental health, drug & alcohol, community development, or public service
- Natural affinity for cultivating relationships and building consensus among diverse individuals
Service on the Centre Helps board is a volunteer position.